THOROUGHLY scrub, exfoliate & shave every before your appointment. If possible shower a few hours before appointment.
If you plan to shampoo & condition your hair, make sure you do before you exfoliate your body. Any shampoo/conditioner residue will cause your back to streak.
- DO NOT use a moisturizing | creamy or oil based body wash. Stay away from bar soaps as they can alter the PH balance of your skin and make your tan not take. Make sure your body has no soap residue left on.
- DO NOT apply any moisturizers, deodorant, perfume or make-up to your skin after your shower. They also act as an absorption barrier to the tanning solution and stops proper development of color.
- WEAR loose fitted dark clothing to your appointment.
- AFTER we apply your tan be prepared to wait 10-12 hours until your actual tan develops. During this time before your first shower make sure to be careful and not sweat, wash hands, touch water, wear a bra or make-up. (Express Tan wait only 3-5 hours to shower)
- Do not rub, touch skin, touch water,perspire or apply products to your skin during tan development time.
- When showering avoid harsh soaps & body washes (especially DOVE products or products with mineral oil). Try using lukewarm water. The longer and hotter the shower, the faster your tan will fade.
- After showers when drying off, do not rub. Instead pat gently.
- Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize! Moisturize daily with a mineral-oil free, paraben-free lotion.
- Avoid steam rooms & saunas. Avoid chlorine as much as possible.
- Your cosmetic bronzer may transfer lightly to your sheets or the clothes you wear after your tan. Do not worry it will wash out.
- Tan will reach full darkness 24 hours after your session